peace

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Something about Malamud

On March 9, looking at The New York Times in the Internet I saw the following headline “Bernard Malamud’s daughter finally tells his secrets.” It called my attention because my paper # 1 in my Composition class was about “The Jewbird” written by Malamud.
I read the article and I learned that his daughter Janna Malamud Smith 54 years old, wrote a book about his father’s life. The book is called “My father is a Book”. She also says that writing was the way that his father concealed his shame. So, many of his books, even though were presented as fictional, they content a lot about his real life. (Smith, Dinitia).

The article was very interesting for me. I enjoyed the story "The Jewbird" a lot. I am still working in it. So, everything that I learn from the author makes me think more about the meaning of the story. Now, I am thinking if the author was represented by Cohen or Schwardz, if none, who were them?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home