peace

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Nutrition action

Nutrition Action, is the name of a magazine about health that my husband recieves every two weeks or maybe every week I am not sure. But reading an article about "White vs. whole wheat" I was very impressed. I knew that Whole wheat was better thatn just whites; which I did not was that the difference is a lot. They show a graphic where whole wheat has 100 % of nutrients and white just has a percent of that. For example, white wheat has 7 of Vitamin E, 13% of Vitamin B-6. If the white wheat is "enriched" it is higher in 5 nutrients: Riboflavin (B-2), Niacin (B-3), Thiamin (B-1), Iron, and Folate, but there are 8 more nutrients that are behind.

I think that I am going to continue with my habits of eating whole wheat. It is also amaizing the variety of tastes that it possible to find in whole wheat products. May 2006 (33)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home